Our friends in Louisville’s restaurant business are going through very tough times right now, and they need your help. Owners, managers, cooks, kitchen staff, waiters, sommeliers – everyone is facing huge challenges as Covid-19 shuts down dining-in operations for the foreseeable future.
How can you help? We thought you’d never ask! Buy some takeout! Pick up dinner at curb-side delivery! Or have dinner delivered, and thanks to Gov. Andy “Daddy” Beshear’s goodness, have an adult beverage delivered with it, too.
We decided not to reinvent the wheel, since there are already several thorough directories of take-out and such online. Use these links, help your favorite eatery, and enjoy your dinner!
* Food & Dining magazine’s list of Restaurants Still in Service for Carryout and Delivery.
* Laura Wallace/City Concierge – list includes operating hours, takeout and delivery information..
* LEO Weekly‘s article, “Where to get carryout food — fill up and help local restaurants.”
* Louisville Family Fun’s list of take-out, drive-thru, and kids eat free.
* Here’s a crowd-sourcing effort to which restaurants in Louisville (and many other cities) can add their contact and takeout/delivery information.
* Louisville Take Out Facebook group, where local eateries and fans post information about takeout menus, deals, and more.
* LouisvilleHotBytes Forum thread where you can review many posts about restaurants offering takeout, curbside, and delivery, and add your own notes.
* Discussion of takeout, delivery and more on HotBytes’ Facebook Page.
Got more good lists? Catch us with the details at rgarr (at) LouisvilleHotBytes.com, and we’ll add them to this collection.